[yocto] Per image customizations

Edward Wingate edwingate8 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 13:55:11 PDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 7:15 PM, Diego <diego.ml at zoho.com> wrote:

> Hi Oleksandr,
>
> your approach is really interesting, but I'm unsure how to proceed with
> step 2) of your list.
>
> I've added the following in the bbappend:
>
> python do_package_prepend() {
>     d.setVar('PACKAGES', "${PACKAGES} ${PN}-fstab-regular ${PN}-fstab-flash")
> }
>
> which creates the two additional packages, but then I'm confused on how to
> manage the two 'variant' fstab files. The FILES variable doesn't support
> "source -> destination", so how do I manage the fact that two different
> files need to go to the same destination path?
>
> An easier option would be to remove fstab in the base-files_%s.bbappend,
> and create 2 different .bb recipes for the 2 fstab files.

I hope you don't mind if I tag onto this thread, but I have a similar question.

I've been modifying inittab with a sysvinit-inittab_2.88dsf.bbappend
file that contains simply this:

do_install_append() {
    echo "scra:2345:respawn:/opt/script1.sh" >> ${D}${sysconfdir}/inittab
    echo "scrb:2345:respawn:/opt/script2.sh" >> ${D}${sysconfdir}/inittab
}

Now, I want to do this if a different image is being created:

do_install_append() {
    echo "scra:2345:respawn:/opt/script3.sh" >> ${D}${sysconfdir}/inittab
    echo "scrb:2345:respawn:/opt/script4.sh" >> ${D}${sysconfdir}/inittab
}

Can I duplicate and rename the bbappend file to have a different
bbappend execute based on the image being created?  Or perhaps
duplicate the do_install_append() function in the same file and rename
the functions to something like do_install_append_[something with
image name]()?

Or alternatively, can I set something in the image bb files that I can
then use in the sysvinit-inittab_2.88dsf.bbappend to determine which
to do?

Thanks for your help.