[yocto] poky master issue with kernel and gcc version

Eystein Måløy Stenberg eystein at mender.io
Wed Jun 1 19:48:32 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am trying to build a vexpress-qemu machine targe from poky's master
branch, but I get this error compiling the kernel:

/home/yocto/poky/build/tmp/work-shared/vexpress-qemu/kernel-source/include/linux/compiler-gcc.h:121:30:
fatal error: linux/compiler-gcc6.h: No such file or directory

Apparently it is picking gcc 6.1 and kernel 4.1.24, which do not play
well together.

The best approach is probably to use kernel 4.2 or newer. Is there a bug
filed for this? I would think this is affecting quite a lot of people as
I am not doing any special configuration for my build.

Thank you.

--

Eystein Stenberg
Mender.io