[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW31

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Fri Jul 29 08:37:29 PDT 2016

Current Dev Position: YP 2.2 M3
Next Deadline: YP 2.2 M3 which will be Aug 29th (5:00pm GMT)

SWAT team rotation: Ross -> Randy
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:
 * This status covers two weeks
 * We did get an M2 build into QA, it took some time to stabilize due to the shear number of errors we ran into coming from submitted patches, particularly from oe-selftest which takes a long time to run.
 * A performance regressing in the printk kernel feature was identified, proving the value in monitoring these things, wish we had more eyes on it though.
 * The M2 QA report is out. Unfortunately there are a substantial number of bugs being reported against M2. There is no common theme, bugs in many aspects of the system. We’re undecided whether to release it as is, try an rc2 with bugs fixed on a branch or try an rc2 with current master which does address some of the issues.
 * https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/WW30_-_2016-07-21_-_Full_Test_Cycle_2.2_M2.rc1
 * We’ve decided to remove uclibc.
 * Performance issues with pseudo when using xattrs have been identified and are in testing.
 * 2.1.1 has gcc6 fixes merged. We have some checkuri fixes pending, then will run a 2.1.1 rc2 build.

Key YP 2.2 Dates:
 * YP 2.2 M1 release would be: 6/24/16
 * YP 2.2 M2 cut off would be: 7/18/16
 * YP 2.2 M2 release would be: 7/29/16
 * YP 2.2 M3 cut off would be: 8/29/16
 * YP 2.2 M3 release would be: 9/9/16
 * YP 2.2 M4 cut off would be: 10/3/16
 * YP 2.2 M4 release would be: 10/28/16

Tracking Metrics:
	WDD 2744 (last week 2698)
(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.2_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]