[yocto] Compilation error while adding perf tool to the rootfs

Vijayakumar Badiger vijayakumarmb at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 11:49:20 PDT 2016

Hello All

We have a requirement here to set up the perf tool through our Yocto frame
work.
As Perf source comes with linux kernel under tools/perf ,so I added this
perf tool to be installed
as part of my rootfs image.

But when I build the image I am getting error related to headerfile missing.

*fatal error: asm/preempt.h: No such file or directory*

I checked for this header file I dont have this header file in my kernel
arch/arm64/include/asm/
Please can you let me know how to fix this issue. Thanks.

Cheers,
Vijay