[yocto] is meta-mono layer actively supported?

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 08:36:38 PDT 2016

On 07/07/2016 09:50, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   out of nowhere, a client of mine wants to port from WEC7 to linux
> using YP; they already have a working app written in C# .NET and want
> to drag it with them, obviously using mono.
>
>   i see the YP wiki page on running .NET apps here:
>
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Building_and_running_embedded_Linux_.NET_applications_from_first_principles
>
> which looks like it has the info they need, given that i know
> absolutely *zero* about C#/.NET/mono, but i might as well learn
> something about it.
>
>   the history of that page suggests it's actively supported, can
> anyone confirm that it really does walk one through how to incorporate
> a .NET app in a YP image? given some time this weekend, i'll try to
> follow how to add and run a simple example. thanks.

Hi Robert,

Apologies for the latency. I've been otherwise occupied and have only
just seen this.

Yes, I wrote this piece and the intention is that it does what it says
on the tin - on the basis I have been expecting for some time that
business would be wishing to leverage Mono/Linux for their existing
WinCE codebases.

If you have any issues let me know and I'll be pleased to try to support
you.

Cheers,

Alex