[yocto] Help with DISTRO settings

Edward Wingate edwingate8 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 20:31:49 PDT 2016

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 1:27 AM, Nicolas Dechesne
<nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org> wrote:
> hmm. you shouldn't set DISTRO in conf/layer.conf, that doesn't sound
> right. DISTRO needs to be set in local.conf (or any of the other build
> specific conf files).

I agree, I don't know why I had it in conf/layer.conf.  Just
beginner's mistake.

I moved DISTRO to local.conf (changed the existing DISTRO ?= "poky" to
DISTRO ?= "mydistro") and it still works.  But if I remove DISTRO from
conf/distro/mydistro.conf, DISTRO will revert to "poky", even though
it is set to my "mydistro" in local.conf.  So it seems I have to have
it in both places.