[yocto] Help with DISTRO settings

Edward Wingate edwingate8 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 22:13:14 PDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 7:38 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 12:34 AM, Edward Wingate <edwingate8 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ah, I found it.  I had inadvertently deleted one line
>> (DISTRO="mydistro") from my layer's conf/layer.conf.
>>
>> Am I doing this right though?  Do I need DISTRO="mydistro" in both
>> conf/layer.conf and conf/distro/mydistro.conf?
>
> Just conf/distro/mydistro.conf is needed.

Well, it didn't work if it is only in conf/distro/mydistro.conf.  I
had to have it in conf/layer.conf as well.

>>  Removing it from
>> either doesn't work, but it seems redundant to put it in mydistro.conf
>> as well.
>
> did you make any other changes ?

Not that I know of.  It stopped working when it was mistakenly removed
from conf/layer.conf.  Started working again when I put it back in.
And just to test it, I removed it from conf/distro/mydistro.conf and
that also didn't work.  I have to have it in both places.