[yocto] linux-yocto: memory leak in krogoth 4.1.28 kernel

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 19:44:09 PDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Chris Sykes <
chris at newforest-technology.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At the end of last week I hit a known kernel memory leak in the
> linux-yocto 4.1 branch, as delivered in 2.1 / krogoth.  It rather quickly
> results in an OOM kernel panic on my platform (x86, 1G RAM).
>
> The patch below fixed the problem for me:
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/stable/msg138760.html
>
> It's already queued for 4.1.29, but thought I'd mention it here for the
> benefit of the list. Perhaps it might be worth expediting a fix for 2.1?

There's plenty of other bugs lurking, no real rush to fix something that is
already
queued for -stable .. that's the best place to pick up a fix.

> I also raised bugzilla 10014 - I hope this was the right thing to do...

Actually, sending a patch is even better. If you've seen the problem, tested
a fix, you are by far in the best position to send a patch to fix the issue.

Just fire something to the linux-yocto list with the information you've
added
above, and it'll go into the queue .. most likely before I get to the
4.1.29 stable :)

Cheers,

Bruce

> --
> Chris Sykes
> New Forest Technology Ltd.

"Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await thee
at its end"