[yocto] linux-yocto: memory leak in krogoth 4.1.28 kernel

Chris Sykes chris at newforest-technology.co.uk
Sun Jul 24 11:42:23 PDT 2016

Hi,

At the end of last week I hit a known kernel memory leak in the
linux-yocto 4.1 branch, as delivered in 2.1 / krogoth.  It rather
quickly results in an OOM kernel panic on my platform (x86, 1G RAM).

The patch below fixed the problem for me:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/stable/msg138760.html

It's already queued for 4.1.29, but thought I'd mention it here for the
benefit of the list. Perhaps it might be worth expediting a fix for 2.1?

I also raised bugzilla 10014 - I hope this was the right thing to do...

--
Chris Sykes
New Forest Technology Ltd.