[yocto] Error during adding a new recipe.

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 00:09:51 PDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 8:20 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Jul 21, 2016, at 6:45 PM, Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 18:35:25 Khem Raj wrote:

>>> Yes thats correct thats why
>>> I am not asking for submitting this patch upstream.
>>
>> Sure, but this question comes up a lot. We ought to be telling people the
>> correct mechanism for introducing extra headers such as this if it isn't to
>> modify linux-libc-headers.
>
> Thats possible for external kernel modules. This is a kernel patch. There is no other elegant way
> of solving this. They could write another recipe just to stage this header. but thats equally ugly.

A new recipe isn't needed. You can add something like the following to
the existing kernel recipe:

  sysroot_stage_all_append () {
    mkdir -p ${SYSROOT_DESTDIR}/${includedir}/linux
    install -m644 ${S}/include/linux/sync.h
${SYSROOT_DESTDIR}/${includedir}/linux/
  }

and then add a dependency on the kernel to the recipe which needs the headers.