[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] linux-raspberrypi versions

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Thu Jul 21 00:02:36 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm planning to look at the linux-raspberypi recipes once I've had time
to send V2 of my u-boot patches. I'd like to know people's thoughts on
the available kernel versions in the meta-raspberrypi layer:

Is anyone still using the linux-raspberrypi 3.18 recipe? The commit
referenced in SRCREV is from June 2015. I think it's probably time to
retire this unless anyone has a reason to keep it around.

Is there any reason to keep linux-raspberrypi 4.1 as the default
recipe? The last commit to the 4.1 branch was in April and the
default branch on the linux-raspberrypi GitHub repository has been
4.4 since then. I think we should change the default version to 4.4
unless there's a good reason not to.

If there's no objections I'll send a couple of patches to drop 3.18 and
change the default to 4.4.

Thanks,
Paul Barker