[yocto] 'recipetool newappend' usage

Sai Pavan Boddu sai.pavan.boddu at xilinx.com
Wed Jul 20 11:59:17 PDT 2016

Hi there,

I am using recipetool for creating bbappend files for few existing recipes. I am not finding a good way get the bbappend file path from a layer.

But I observer that, when I use "recipetool newappend" specifying recipes which are already has bbappends in a layer, I'm not warned or shown an error. Instead it always returns the full bbappend path.

Ex:

Run the below command twice, even though file exists already after trial1, it doesn't error out, And even doesn't overwrite

recipetool newappend meta-something linux-xlnx

So shall I take this as a feature, to find-out the bbappend paths in the layer ? or its there any good way ?

Regards,

B. Sai pavan