[yocto] kernel menuconfig/ncurses patch in linux-yocto

Jacob Kroon jacob.kroon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 13:19:34 PDT 2016

Hi,
I'm trying to get the SDK to be able to run the kernel's "make
menuconfig" target
using nativesdk-ncurses from the SDK. Looking at

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-4.4/commit/scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/check-lxdialog.sh?h=standard/beaglebone&id=badf6fedf455958fe0ff3c060c8e3965ef6d80dc

I figured out I could pass CROSS_CURSES_[INC,LIB], but the second chunk
in that patch looks weird:

    elif pkg-config --cflags ncurses 2>/dev/null; then
        echo '-DCURSES_LOC="<ncurses.h>"'
+   if [ x"$CROSS_CURSES_INC" != x ]; then
+   echo "$CROSS_CURSES_INC"
+   exit
+   fi
    elif [ -f /usr/include/ncursesw/curses.h ]; then
        echo '-I/usr/include/ncursesw -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"'

(I had to do manual indentation with spaces in gmail)
Is the indentation or the logic incorrect ?

Regards Jacob