[yocto] custom internal toolchain/glibc

Robert Berger gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com
Wed Jul 20 10:30:06 PDT 2016

Hi,

I was wondering what's the process if someone wanted to use, say Jethro
or Krogoth, but with different/custom versions of gcc, binutils, glibc
e.g. to cook some syscalls and to compile ancient Linux kernels.

I came across tcmode-default.inc[1] where such things are defined:

GCCVERSION ?= "6.1%"
SDKGCCVERSION ?= "${GCCVERSION}"
BINUVERSION ?= "2.26%"
GDBVERSION ?= "7.11%"
GLIBCVERSION ?= "2.24"
UCLIBCVERSION ?= "1.0%"
LINUXLIBCVERSION ?= "4.4"

Would hacking/duplicating and hacking this be a good starting point?

With TCMODE I could get poky to pick up some external toolchain, but I
would like it to build a custom one instead.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Robert

[1]
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/tcmode-default.inc..."My
employer doesn't even agree with me about C indentation style." - Used
as a disclaimer

My public pgp key is available,at:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x90320BF1