[yocto] [genericx86-jethro] core-image-sato HDDIMG 'install' - no hard drive selected - /etc/fstab no such file or directory

Simon Bolek simon.bolek at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 13 04:57:28 PDT 2016

Hi Raj,

So i tried to do manually, what init script does and udev definitely does
not recognize the SSD drive.
I ran
 /lib/udev/udevd --daemon --debug > udev.debug 2>&1 &
from the cli and there is no trace of recognizing the SSD. Only the
/dev/sda, which is the USB stick I am running the installation from.

I used 'meld' to compare the /initrd from current jethro image and previous
working fido image.
They are almost the same:
- in jethro /lib/modules... file structure is missing with:
modules.alias
modules.alias.bin
modules.builtin.bin
modules.dep
modules.dep.bin
modules.devname
modules.softdep
modules.symbols
modules.symbols.bin

- there are slight differences between
/etc/init.d/udev
/etc/udev/scripts/mount.sh
, but I cannot tell, if this is the reason.

Unfortunately I did not dig inside binary /lib/udev/udevd.

So do you have any other ideas, what might be the reason for not
recognizing the SSD? Maybe there are some additional recipes needed from
jethro on?

thanks & kind regards
Simon :-)

mit freundlichem Gruss / kind regards / pozdrawiam
Simon P. Bolek
Dipl. Inf. Simon P. Bolek
SAP Integration Architect
Business Mobile and IVI Solutions