[yocto] SysVinit scripts not being populated in busybox-mdev package

Stroz, Glenn gstroz at qti.qualcomm.com
Mon Jul 11 12:39:18 PDT 2016

In the busybox.inc recipe include file there are lines where a SysVinit script should be started when the mdev package is installed:

INITSCRIPT_PACKAGES = "${PN}-httpd ${PN}-syslog ${PN}-udhcpd ${PN}-mdev ${PN}-hwclock"

INITSCRIPT_NAME_${PN}-mdev = "mdev"
INITSCRIPT_PARAMS_${PN}-mdev = "start 03 S ."

We've switched our device manager to mdev but we don't see the SysVInit script being populated on the device. I checked the packages-split folder and I see it's also not being populated here. Other packages using INITSCRIPT_NAME and INITSCRIPT_PARAMS are being populated in the packages-split folder and then are visible on the device. Is this a known issue?

poky/build/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/busybox/1.23.2-r0/packages-split/busybox-mdev$ find
.
./etc
./etc/mdev
./etc/mdev/find-touchscreen.sh