[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] u-boot doesnt boot kernel

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 06:37:04 PDT 2016

Hi Hammad,

As Paul said the u-boot need some configuration so it can boot the
kernel. Usually it looks for bootcmd variable and try to run it so at
last this variable need to be setted. User's usually make this one
(bootcmd) call a miriad of another commands to retrieve kernel from
ftp, or nand, load it to memoby and boot it.

Take a look at www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/Manual for more information.

Regards,

> On Sat, 9 Jul 2016 10:35:58 +0100
> Paul Barker <paul at paulbarker.me.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 8 Jul 2016 21:04:24 -0400
>> Hammad Ahmed <hammadahmed85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > I wanted to boot with u-boot so I added:
>> >
>> > KERNEL_IMAGETYPE = "uImage"
>> >
>> > u-boot builds fine but when I boot up my raspberrypi, u-boot doesnt
>> > start the kernel.
>> >

> I've just sent a patch series which should allow u-boot to start the
> kernel without needing to type in a bunch of manual commands.
>
> You can get the patches from the mailing list or use the
> 'pbarker/u-boot' branch of https://gitlab.com/oryx/meta-raspberrypi.
>
> Let me know if this works for you.

"Do or do not. There is no try"
  Yoda Master