[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW28

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Fri Jul 8 09:11:09 PDT 2016

Current Dev Position: YP 2.2 M2
Next Deadline: YP 2.2 M2 cut off would
be: 7/18/16

SWAT team rotation: Bill -> Paul
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yoct
o_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:
 * M1 QA report is out however there are concerns about performanceregressions which have not been root caused. M1 will continue to bedelayed until we figure out those issues and the fact that medium+ bugsand high bugs are still assigned to M1.
 * M2 patch merging is held up due to the shear volume of regressionswe’re seeing which are basically being left to Ross/RP to triage andfind the patches responsible.
 * We did upgrade pseudo after various issues which brings in severalxattr fixes and resolves the init problems we were seeing in pseudotowards the end of the last release properly, rather than theworkarounds we put in place.
 * We’ve merged the progress patches from Paul so we get better feedbackduring the build for how various tasks are progressing.
 * We’re looking likely to remove directfb from OE-Core since the projectappears to have died.
 * 2.1.1 is in QA having had a successful build. We are working with areduced capacity QA team due to various changes at Intel/WindRiver sowe will have more limited QA testing of this unfortunately.

Key YP 2.2 Dates:
 * YP 2.2 M1 release would be: 6/24/16
 * YP 2.2 M2 cut off would be: 7/18/16
 * YP 2.2 M2 release would be: 7/29/16
 * YP 2.2 M3 cut off would be: 8/29/16
 * YP 2.2 M3 release would be: 9/9/16
 * YP 2.2 M4 cut off would be: 10/3/16
 * YP 2.2 M4 release would be: 10/28/16

Tracking Metrics:
	WDD 2747 (last week 2718)
(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.2_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]