[yocto] Toaster build fails on Master branch Yocto

Barros Pena, Belen belen.barros.pena at intel.com
Fri Jul 8 04:36:41 PDT 2016

Hi Sambaran,

On 07/07/2016 10:43, "yocto-bounces at yoctoproject.org on behalf of Sambaran
Ghosh" <yocto-bounces at yoctoproject.org on behalf of
sambaran.mail at gmail.com> wrote:

>While creating a toaster project with the Master Yocto branch,  build
>always fails. But if I select Krogoth or Jethro branch then builds
>succeeds. The major problem with sub-branches like Krogoth is that there
>few layers supported. Is everyone having
> similar problem?

If you are using the Krogoth release of Yocto Project, Toaster will no
longer build the master branch. The project as a whole has migrated to
python3, and that has broken compatibility between Krogoth and master. So
with the Toaster from Krogoth you will only be able to build krogoth and
jethro.

>And do you have any solution?

There is, although it is a bit clunky. You will need to manually import
any layers you want to build into your krogoth Toaster project. In the
project page, select the "import layer" tab, and fill the git repository
information, which you can get from https://layers.yoctoproject.org. As
the revision, enter "master".

That will add the layer to the list of compatible layers for the project,
and add it to the project configuration, so that you can build recipes
from it.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Belén