[yocto] What keeps sstate from being used?

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Jul 6 07:39:46 PDT 2016

On 2016-07-06 16:27, Burton, Ross wrote:

> On 6 July 2016 at 15:23, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com <mailto:gary at mlbassoc.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dependency on checksum of file MIPS-GAS-Fix-an-ISA-override-not-lifting-ABI-restrictions.patch was removed
>

> As this show binutils changing its SRC_URI this suggests that you did something in between the two runs, or those hashes
> are not the relevant pair.

I could send the whole trace of how I got there, but basically
I noticed that 'patch' was being rebuilt for the target, so I
tracked that back to gcc-cross-arm which led me to binutils-cross-arm

Maybe I've done something wrong or don't totally understand the output
of the tools, but it's clear that something is a little off here as
my original build was 99% complete (only a dozen or so tasks remaining)
and when I reran it from sstate, it more or less started over.

If you have pointers on how I can diagnose this, or at least retrace it,
I'm all ears as I really want to see this work the way it's advertised
"on the tin"

Ideas/suggestions more than welcome