[yocto] How to install a service generated by update-rc.d?

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 06:20:37 PDT 2016

Oohhh I see, socketcan is your recipe, excuse me for my mistake.
Andres and Burton are right, you need to install that file, eg:

do_install() {
    install -d "${D}${sysconfdir}/init.d/"
    install -m 600 "${S}/can_if" "${D}${sysconfdir}/init.d/can_if"
}

Change the second line to point to proper can_if file :)

--
"Do or do not. There is no try"
  Yoda Master