[yocto] EFI disk image not booting on Intel Galileo

shubham.kumar4 at wipro.com shubham.kumar4 at wipro.com
Sat Jan 30 12:12:32 PST 2016

Hi all,

I built an EFI disk image for Intel Quark SoC. But the Galileo didn't boot with that image.
I followed the following steps to build the EFI disk image :-
1.cloned the meta-intel recipe in my local directory .
2. set the MACHINE to "intel-quark"
3. Bitbake core-image-minimal

After the images were built, I ran the script mkefidisk.sh with host node and target node parameters as mentioned on the yocto website .This script is present in the "scripts" directory in "meta-intel" recipe folder .

The SD card was then prepared with proper rootfs partition and the linux image using the above mentioned script.

But when I tried to boot the Galileo board, it threw the following error after the grub selection menu -

[Firmware Bug]:ACPI: Invalid BIOS _PSS frequency found for ......

I'm attaching the screenshot of the error screen.

I suspect the problem lies in Target_node parameter which I passed with "mkefidisk.sh" script.

When I plugged in the SD card on the PC,it created "/dev/sdb " which I passed in as host_node parameter .  For target_node parameter, I tried with "/dev/sda" which didn't work .. then I tried with "/dev/mmcblk0p2" which again didn't work.

Am I missing something else here or are the above  mentioned parameters the reasons for the boot failure ??

Waiting for your response .

Thanks,
Shubham _K