[yocto] Syslog Related testcases are failed in yocto LTP

Yuki Machida machida.yuki at jp.fujitsu.com
Thu Jan 28 18:07:55 PST 2016

Hi Raghavendra Kakarla,

> I have the syslog-ng flavour of syslogd.

If it exists /sbin/syslogd, it remove this.
# rm -rf /sbin/syslogd
Then, Please excecute ./runltp.
# ./runltp -s syslog
LTP will test the syslog(2) by using the syslog-ng.

Please refer to the source code below for more information.
https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/blob/master/testcases/lib/daemonlib.sh#L29
https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/blob/master/testcases/kernel/syscalls/syslog/syslog-lib.sh#L68

Best Reards,
Yuki Machida