[yocto] About how port yocto to a customized MIPS cpu

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 11:10:11 PST 2016

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 7:09 PM, 张健 <jackzhang1992 at t.shu.edu.cn> wrote:

> But I have no idea what's inside the .img files, and how to let my fpga
> board to understand the .img files.
>
> So this  is reason why I'm here to ask you guys for some help.
>
> And wish to know if it is possible to port the "yocto" to my own project.

​image files are generated in several formats. There is option to generate
tarballs. You can always take the tarball and untar it and look what inside
secondly, for your FPGA to understand this, you probably will need tools to
download the binary to memory which is visitible to FPGA if I assume FPGA
is sitting along with a application processor which can then help you to
flash it to relevant memory parts.

if your application processor has a bootloader e.g. uboot which can use SD
cards as boot media then you can use wic tool to generate SD card
images directly from yocto. wic is documented in dev manual so please look
there on how to set it up. Or you can look at some other BSPs like
beaglebone ( angstrom ) or raspberrypi or freescale layer for scripts to
generate the SD card images and model your using those.​