[yocto] Altera Cyclone V u-boot-spl with meta-altera

Randle, William C william.c.randle at intel.com
Fri Jan 22 07:59:37 PST 2016

I’m not aware of a tool outside of Altera’s EDS mkpimage. What I ended up doing was installing a subset of the EDS tools (mkpimage and the jre directory), then tweaked the u-boot spl/Makefile to automatically invoke mkpimage to create the preloader. I also tweaked the meta-altera u-boot-socfpga.inc do_deploy() rules to copy the newly built preloader-mkpimage-* files to the deploy directory.

I’d be happy to send those to you, if you’re interested. Likewise, if you find a third party tool to add the preloader image header, let me know.

    -Bill