[yocto] Package naming "exceptions" in Yocto

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Jan 18 03:26:36 PST 2016

On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 11:14:31 Reshetova, Elena wrote:
> > FYI we do have meta/conf/distro/include/distro_alias.inc which sets
>
> DISTRO_PN_ALIAS for each recipe, which is intended to help map to the names
> used in other distros. Will that work?
>
> Yes, I think this is exactly what I was hoping to find! Great that you
> already have smth line this in place :)
>  Just one question: how is this value supposed to be fetched in a class? I
> could not find any usage example through the code. Is it set for each
> package automatically or do I need to enable smth?

create_distro_packages_list() in meta/lib/oe/distro_check.py is the only
existing code that reads those values that I'm aware of, but that may not be
in the form that you need it.

One thing you'll definitely need to do is to actually include the file in your
configuration i.e.:

require conf/distro/include/distro_alias.inc

After that you should just be able to access DISTRO_PN_ALIAS like any other
recipe-specific variable provided you're doing so in the context of a recipe
(e.g. within a task for the recipe you wish to query the value for).

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton