[yocto] Handling Duplicate Files

Chris Trobridge christrobridge at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 12 05:07:25 PST 2016

(I posted this to openembedded-core but it appears to have got lost in the noise!)

Hi,

I have been looking into producing a 'python3-dbus' recipe, based on the python-dbus recipe.

This recipe outputs a couple of files that are version independent but end up overlapping and causing the build to fail:
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/dbus-python.pc
/usr/include/dbus-1.0/dbus/dbus-python.h

These files are currently marked as python-version independent - the header file has #ifdefs for python3.

The immediate 'fix' was to follow the advice in the error text to add the file paths to SSTATE_DUPWHITELIST.

SSTATE_DUPWHITELIST is not mentioned much elsewhere and does not seem like a scalable solution.  Is there a preferred method to resolve the situation where two recipes install the same files?

Thanks,
Chris