[yocto] Rsyslog-ImJournal dependencies in Yocto

Renjith Vijayan renjithvjn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 20:07:14 PST 2016

Hi,

I am trying to integrate rsyslog's IMjournal package to my platform running
Yocto.
IMJournal is used by rsyslog to read logs from systemd-journal.

So i have rsyslog bitbake file modified as follows for imjournal package
config:

# first line is default yes in configure
PACKAGECONFIG ??= " \
    zlib rsyslogd rsyslogrt klog inet regexp uuid imjournal libgcrypt \
    imdiag gnutls imfile \
    ${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'snmp', 'snmp', '', d)} \
    ${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'systemd', 'systemd', '', d)} \
    ${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'ptest', 'testbench ${VALGRIND}',
'', d)} \

But after adding imjournal as above to config, during build i am getting
the following dependency error:

checking for LIBSYSTEMD_JOURNAL... no
| configure: error: Package requirements (libsystemd-journal >= 197) were
not met:

| No package 'libsystemd-journal' found
|
| Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
| installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Could someone help me with this configuration?

Thanks,
Renjith