[yocto] hello world fails in eclipse

Markus Haege haemarkus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 06:35:44 PST 2016

Hello there,

I searched the web for a while, figured out that I'm not the first person
with this problem
but I don't find the solution.

I use Debian 8 with Eclipse luna Release 2.
I installed the yocto plugins in eclipse as described in the manual.

Now I want to compile a hello world for the meta-raspberrypi but it fails:

The C compiler

"/home/markus/poky/meta-raspberrypi/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc"
  is not able to compile a simple test program.

/home/markus/poky/meta-raspberrypi/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/libexec/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/5.2.0/ld:
  error: cmTryCompileExec1319352149 uses VFP register arguments,
  CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec1319352149.dir/testCCompiler.c.o does not

I sourced the environment setup so eclipse finds under
properties/C++Build/Environment the settings. That's all I achieved.
I read about flags to set but don't know where. Something about floating
point. What I read was very old.

Thanks to any help

Markus