[yocto] Coldplug is not working as expected

Sandy Pérez sperez at indaba.es
Thu Feb 25 07:17:50 PST 2016

Hello,

I’m testing the Freescale's Yocto BSP layer (
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git/) on an
SBC2100 board manufactured by IC Nexus Co. More specifically, I’m using the
branch imx-3.10.53-1.1.1_patch which corresponds to Yocto 1.6.2 (Daisy). I
have a HUAWEI MS2131i-8 modem connected via USB to the board and some udev
rules to “mount” this device on /dev/modem. Everything work as expected
when I connect and disconnect the modem while the system is running, that
is, hotpluging is working right. However, if I reboot the system with the
modem connected, the /dev/modem link is not created; it seems like
coldpluging is not working at all.

During the boot process, a uevent file is created in the device directory
/sys/devices/soc0/soc.1/2100000.aips-bus/2184200.usb/ci_hdrc.1/usb1/1-1/1-1.4/1-1.4:1.0/ttyUSB0/tty/ttyUSB0
but it seems like nobody is using it.  Only one entry is found in the log
related to udev:

- imx6-sbc2100 daemon.info kernel: udevd[187]: starting version 182

On the other hand, if I execute the command:

# udevadm trigger --action=add

The /dev/modem link is created and everything work as expected. Am I
missing something? Must I configure something in order to trigger the
uevent after booting? Can it be related to this bub
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=6ec0e55375c9687c7ead49d1e01f81b197db7108
?

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Regards
<http://www.indaba.es/>