[yocto] Does CVE-2015-7547 affect eglibc?

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Wed Feb 24 08:38:11 PST 2016

On 2/23/16 6:14 PM, akuster808 wrote:

> On 02/23/2016 02:52 PM, Darcy Watkins wrote:

>>> Yes this affects all eglibc version 2.9 and newer up to glibc 2.23.
>>>
>>> As far as I'm aware, this affects all Yocto Project versions up to 2.0.
>>
>> I will be interested in knowing which Yocto Project versions will
>> receive the fixes.
>
> Master, 2.0 and 1.8 all have the fixes.
> How far back do we go in matters like this?

Official support is current (in development) and the last two releases.  So up
to about a year and a half of support.

After this point, it becomes community support.  This really means, if someone
in the community wants to continue support past the YP's support guidelines they
are welcome to do so -- but there won't be any official releases, only checkins
to the repository.

We have done this on some OpenSSL fixes in the past, but it was based on
specific requests and people submitting the fixes to be included with older
versions.