[yocto] How to deal with patch failures due to new source?

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Tue Feb 23 12:16:37 PST 2016

All of a sudden, I'm getting massive patch failures in OE's Samba 4
package. (Last night it was fine.) Looking at the main log, the
samba-4.1.12-r0 recipe did a do_fetch, do_unpack and do_patch. This is a
huge patch, a megabyte in size, applying to 525 files, and it now has 31
failures, because the patch is from last September and wasn't updated.

I would think the only way to deal with this, until OE provides a fixed
patch, is to go back to the previous source version. The recipe itself
didn't change, so how do I do this?

Also, is this a normal occurrence in the bitbake world? Is it always
possible, any time one does a bitbake, that some new source will appear
that breaks something? Is there a way of avoiding this by preventing new
source from being fetched, and finding out about its existence perhaps
through warning messages?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com