[yocto] Package Level Dependencies

sebastian.rohde at tu-dortmund.de sebastian.rohde at tu-dortmund.de
Sun Feb 21 15:21:25 PST 2016

Hi,

I have a recipe (say: "test123") that provides a complex piece of software (cmake-based). The software needs some configuration file (say "test123.conf"). There are multiple variants of the configuration file, sharing the same name, i.e. "test123.conf" exists in different variants for multiple hardware configurations.

My aim would be to have multiple packages like "test123-config-XXX" and "test123-config-YYY", that cannot be installed at the same time, while having one of the packages is a dependency for the main package "test123".

Is there a way to achieve this? From my current understanding, dependencies are "per-recipe" and not "per-package". Is there any way to achieve package level dependencies? I would like to avoid having multiple recipes as there are many configuration file options which are currently located in the same large source repository as the main software.

Help ist strongly appreciated.

Regards,
Sebastian Rohde
Wichtiger Hinweis: Die Information in dieser E-Mail ist vertraulich. Sie ist ausschließlich für den Adressaten bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der für diese E-Mail bestimmte Adressat sein, unterrichten Sie bitte den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Vielen Dank.
Unbeschadet der Korrespondenz per E-Mail, sind unsere Erklärungen ausschließlich final rechtsverbindlich, wenn sie in herkömmlicher Schriftform (mit eigenhändiger Unterschrift) oder durch Übermittlung eines solchen Schriftstücks per Telefax erfolgen.

Important note: The information included in this e-mail is confidential. It is solely intended for the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail please contact the sender and delete this message. Thank you. Without prejudice of e-mail correspondence, our statements are only legally binding when they are made in the conventional written form (with personal signature) or when such documents are sent by fax.