[yocto] jethro 2.0.1/ubi-utils not installed on target

gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com
Wed Feb 17 00:47:46 PST 2016

On 2016-02-16 05:40, Burton, Ross wrote:
Hi,

> On 16 February 2016 at 09:03, <gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com>
> wrote:
>
>> It seems to be insufficient to add mtd-utils to a packagegroup[1]
>> and add this to the image for it to be installed in the image.
>> The package is being built and I can install it afterwards e.g.
>> opkg install mtd-utils-ubifs_1.5.1+git0+9f107132a6-r0_armv7a
>>
>> Is it intended to be like this?
>
> Yes.  As you said the resulting package is called mtd-utils-ubifs, so
> that's the name you need to use in the packagegroup.

Thanks. I figured this out in the meantime;)

I looked into mtd-utils.bb and the packages built where I found
mtd-utils-ubifs, which does not seem a very generic approach.

One recipe can result in more than one packages, so

-s, --show-versions   Show current and preferred versions of all
recipes.

does not show all packages.

> bitbake -s | grep mtd
core-image-minimal-mtdutils                           :1.0-r0
mtd-utils                           :1.5.1+gitAUTOINC+9f107132a6-r0
mtd-utils-native                    :1.5.1+gitAUTOINC+9f107132a6-r0
mtdev                                               :1.1.5-r0

How can I get a list of all available packages? Maybe there are more
hidden secrets;)

What I've found so far is[1], but still I don't get the complete list of
available packages:

bb search-packages mtd
Parsing recipes..done.
Gathering preferred recipe filenames...done
core-image-minimal-mtdutils:
   Packages:
     core-image-minimal-mtdutils
mtd-utils-native: