[yocto] do_populate_staging does not copy everything.

Dalton Fury daltonfury42 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 23:05:58 PST 2016

I have written a recipe for a package A which is a build dependency for
another package B. But the package B (which uses cmake) does not find A.
According to the docs,

"do_configure task for recipe "a" depends on the do_populate_sysroot task
of recipe "b". This means anything that recipe "b" puts into sysroot is
available when recipe "a" is configuring itself."

I checked the log.do_populate_sysroot() and it is not copying every file
that is needed. But everything installed by package B is present in the
final image in the right locations. Since everything is not copied to the
sysroot, the do_configure of package B fails to find the build deps.

For every file that has not been copied by do_populate_rootfs, I get a
warning when I bitbake:

WARNING: QA Issue: cuda-cudart-6-5: found library in wrong location:
/usr/local/cuda-6.5/targets/armv7-linux-gnueabihf/lib/libcudart.so

There are several other QA errors too. I can't do anything about them
because they are prebuild binaries and I do not have the sources.

But the package is in the right location. What could be causing this?