[yocto] doesn't find toolchain in new branch

Markus Haege haemarkus at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 09:12:42 PST 2016

Hello there,

I'm new to yocto-linux and don't find the right information in the net.
After I read lots of manuals and HowTo's
I build an image for the raspberry Pi in the default folder. This works, I
accessed it via SSH.
Then I wanted to make my own branch /poky/meta-raspberrypi and it doesn't
find the crosscompiler.
I tried some commands like bitbake meta-toolchain
but it doesn't work.

make: arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc: Command not found
| make: *** No rule to make target '−j'.  Stop.
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

A very BeginnerQuestion but nothing helps.

thanks

Markus