[yocto] Dropping Debian 7 as supported?

Jens Rehsack rehsack at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 06:30:50 PST 2016

> Am 11.02.2016 um 15:32 schrieb Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com>:
>

> On 11 February 2016 at 14:21, Nick Leverton <nick at leverton.org> wrote:
> Possibly a little early - Debian 7 will be going onto LTS security support for
> two years, starting some time this month.  Quoting from
> https://wiki.debian.org/LTS
>
> Ah yes, I'd forgotten about the LTS project and was looking at the security team.
>
> This does make it less clear, but it's still an old release and we can't support/test on everything.

Sure, but are there some serious/expensive maintaining efforts continuing support Debian 7?
Or is it an approach to kick Debian from list of supported distributions for (above?) reasons?

Since I run some build instances on a Debian 7 machine which is not going to be upgraded that
soon (don't want Debian 8, but don't want to reinstall from scratch and migrate my Xen VM's ...),
dropping support for "it's just time to move on" is more a Desktop philosophy, not for embedded/datacenter
approaches ...

Cheers
Jens Rehsack - rehsack at gmail.com