[yocto] Selecting a specific tuning in an application recipe?

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 21:47:24 PST 2016

> On Feb 11, 2016, at 11:25 AM, Stroz, Glenn <gstroz at qti.qualcomm.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We’re trying to build a 64 bit arm project. However, one of our applications needs to be built in 32 bit mode as it isn’t supported in 64 bit yet. I’ve looked around and it looks like I need to adjust the tuning to be for armv7 instead of the default. However, when I set DEFAULTTUNE in the application recipe it does not compile the 32 bit cross compiler and bails out with a dependency error. Is there a system in place where we can adjust the tuning for a specific recipe?
>
> Multilib doesn’t appear to be the solution since it’s tailored towards libraries and not applications. Not sure if there’s anything else that would work.

infact multilib is the solution, its not limited to libraries. If multilib worked for your arch you would

bitbake lib32-<yourapp>
and it will bring in all needed dependencies + compile your app in 32bit mode or whatever the multilib warrants.

Question however is if combination that you are expecting is supported or not.