[yocto] Dropping Debian 7 as supported?

Nick Leverton nick at leverton.org
Thu Feb 11 06:21:06 PST 2016

On Thursday 11 Feb 2016 14:11:36 Burton, Ross wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm proposing that we drop Debian 7 from the supported distributions list
> in master, so that the 2.1 release supports Debian 8.  Debian 7 was
> released in 2013, Debian 8 superceded it in April 2015 so will have been
> out for a year when 2.1 is released, which also means that is when Debian 7
> stops receiving security fixes. Nobody should be running Debian 7 after
> April 2016!
>
> Any objections?

Possibly a little early - Debian 7 will be going onto LTS security support for
two years, starting some time this month.  Quoting from
https://wiki.debian.org/LTS

"Debian 6 “Squeeze” until February 2016
Debian 7 “Wheezy” from February 2016 to May 2018
Debian 8 “Jessie“ from May 2018 to April/May 2020"

Nick