[yocto] Where should I append Yocto bitbake task to create work folder symlink ?

Woronicz, Bartosz ( NSN - PL/Wroclaw) bartosz.woronicz at nokia.com
Tue Feb 9 05:51:03 PST 2016

Cheers, mate!

That solves my issue (but with small fix).
/do_unpack[postfuncs] += "do_latest_link"
/instead/
//do_unpack[postfuncs] += "latest_link"

Because, without "do_" it says
WARNING: Function latest_link doesn't exist

/Here is the whole bbclass/:
/

    DESCRIPTION = "Creates symlink to the latest version workdir of the
    package"

    do_latest_link() {
         if [ -n "${WORKDIR}" ]; then
             linkname="$(dirname ${WORKDIR})/latest"
             rm -f $linkname
             ln -s $(basename ${WORKDIR}) $linkname
         fi
    }
    addtask latest_link after do_unpack

    do_unpack[postfuncs] += "do_latest_link"

But for better understanding I made the more throughout look into the
documentations. I found the information about "postfuncs" you talk about
[1]. However, the tasks description [2] doesn't say anything about
including the task in the process, it just describes the demanded order
that the task is put ( addtask something after|before othertask ).

That is so, until I read "3.6. Variable Flags"  [3]. Where is quite
clearly stated those variables control functionality and *dependencies*.
The documentation is quite unclear in that case.

[1]
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#executing-tasks
[2]
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#tasks