[yocto] What is the correct way to get a list of package run-time dependencies during the build process?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Feb 8 08:57:59 PST 2016

On 8 February 2016 at 16:20, Reshetova, Elena <elena.reshetova at intel.com>
wrote:

> >Did you mean RDEPENDS_ + package name?
>

> I have it like this:
>

> recipe.name = d.getVar('PN', True)
>
> recipe.r_deps = d.getVar('RDEPENDS_' + recipe.name, True)

So I wasn't quite right - I think you also need to come after
do_packagedata and also you'll need to read the subpackage metadata.
Inspired by insane.bbclass, this works:

addtask printrdeps before do_build after do_package do_packagedata
do_printrdeps[nostamp] = "1"
python do_printrdeps() {
    bb.build.exec_func("read_subpackage_metadata", d)
    for p in d.getVar("PACKAGES", True).split():
        bb.warn("Got package %s" % p)
        bb.warn("Got RDEPENDS %s" % d.getVar("RDEPENDS_" + p, True))
}