[yocto] Signed RPMs

Markus Lehtonen markus.lehtonen at linux.intel.com
Fri Feb 5 02:53:23 PST 2016

On 05/02/16 11:15, "Chris Trobridge" <christrobridge at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 10:00:50 +0200
>> Subject: Re: [yocto] Signed RPMs
>> From: markus.lehtonen at linux.intel.com
>> To: christrobridge at hotmail.com; yocto at yoctoproject.org
>>
>> Hi Chris,

>> That really should not be needed. What version of poky are you using? I was not able to reproduce your problem. Try building signing-keys, does it copy the pubkey to the correct place?
>>

>This could well be the issue  - I need gobject introspection so I am using poky-contrib ("akanavin/gobject-introspection-experimental:7145f5b9dbd84a26fe4b5ee6ab9077b1ff1ee3a5").

OK, that is probably the reason. There were at least some dependency problems in the signing feature which were fixed not that long ago.

>I got another error later building the rootfs that mentioned not finding DSA.  It may be related to not having a suitable poky, but also I am using an ECDSA key pair generated with gpg2.

I haven't tried signing with ECDSA keys. I've been using too old gpg for that. I probably have to test this, too.

>I have cloned a fresh poky (main) instance, switched to a DSA signing key and built the signing-keys target from that fine, with the RPM-GPG-PUBKEY in sysroots.  So I will bear this in mind in future.

Good. Let us know if you have some further issues.

Thanks,
  Markus