[yocto] What is the correct way to get a list of package run-time dependencies during the build process?

Reshetova, Elena elena.reshetova at intel.com
Fri Feb 5 01:20:30 PST 2016

On 5 February 2016 at 08:27, Reshetova, Elena < <mailto:elena.reshetova at intel.com> elena.reshetova at intel.com> wrote:

I noticed that during the build bitbake supplies you rather correct (if it is correct in the recipe) list of recipe build-time dependencies. However, this isn’t true for run-time dependencies. Moreover it seems that when you define a recipe you don’t have to list run-time dependencies, but rather than package manager would figure it out.

After do_package has run the dependencies will be correct, but until that point the runtime library dependencies won't have been extracted.

Oh, this is a great advice. Thank you Ross! This would save me another headache :)

Best Regards,
Elena.