[yocto] Which Toolchain is being used to build Yocto ?

Mark T mtl1nuxd3v at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 07:07:23 PST 2016

Hi,

Building jethro on a Ubuntu14.04 system. I want to ensure that each person
in the team is using the same tool-chain version.

I notice there is a meta/recipes-devtools  -  I assume this pulls in from
build/downloads - so gcc-5.2.0.tar.bz2 for example. Does the tool-chain
comprised of these recipes get built by /usr/bin/gcc before being used to
compile Yocto ?

If this is the case then assuming we configure for off-line builds and used
the same build/downloads content as well as the oe-env ( from
oe-init-build-env ) then we'll all be on the same tool-chain version. Or
have I missed something ?

Thanks,
Mark