[yocto] [meta-security-rockwell] Introduction of a new OE layer: help in hardening your Yocto daisy built systems

Ben Gardiner ben.gardiner at irdeto.com
Mon Feb 1 08:46:39 PST 2016

We would like to introduce a new layer: meta-security-rockwell

We’ve built on other excellent projects to realize this layer (so far) and have relied on help from many of you on IRC. Thank you.

Our goal is to support the daisy release of Yocto and to (eventually) require explicit skipping of warnings to get automated build systems failing on new security warnings. It’s a work in progress and we’re not there yet. We would welcome the input of this community of experts.

For more details on the layer’s contents please see the repo README.

OE layer: http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/layer/meta-security-rockwell/
Repo: https://github.com/IrdetoServices/meta-security-rockwell

Best Regards,
Ben Gardiner