[yocto] fitImage and initramfs

Hamish Guthrie Hamish.Guthrie at kistler.com
Wed Dec 21 08:50:58 PST 2016

Hi List,

I am trying to create a fitImage including an initramfs. I am able to create a fitImage without an initramfs, and I am able to create a zImage with an initramfs. If I try to create a fitImage with an initramfs, I receive the following error:

| Creating a kernel image with a bundled initramfs...
| Copying initramfs into ./usr ...
| xz decompressing image
| xz: /home/hamish/build/tmp/work/beaglebone-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-yocto/4.8.12+gitAUTOINC+926c93ae07_85dc85153c-r0/linux-beaglebone-standard-build/usr/core-image-minimal-beaglebone.cpio.xz: Unexpected end of input

I have added the following to my machine .conf file:

KERNEL_IMAGETYPES = "zImage fitImage"
KERNEL_CLASSES += "kernel-fitimage"

INITRAMFS_IMAGE = "core-image-minimal"
INITRAMFS_IMAGE_BUNDLE = "1"