[yocto] setting up autobuilder on local machine

Mirza Krak mirza.krak at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 05:28:08 PST 2016

>> On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 8:25 AM, Paul Barker <paul at paulbarker.me.uk> wrote:

>>> You'll need to create the .htpasswd file yourself. I think the
>>> "htpasswd" tool can do this for you, I can't remember the exact
>>> commands I used to make mine though sorry.

>>> This looks good, you just need to setup the scheduler with something
>>> like this in nightly-mender-rpi.conf:
>>>
>>>     scheduler:
>>>     [{'nightly-build':{'type':'Nightly','hour':23,'minute':0}}]
>>>
>>> You should only need a separate nightly.conf when you want that to
>>> trigger multiple builds.
>>>
>>> I've recently setup an autobuilder for meta-raspberrypi which I'll be
>>> publishing once I've got the last bits of setup done. If you're still
>>> struggling to get the nightly triggering working let me know and I'll
>>> put up the configurations I've used as a git repository.
>>
>> There is also additional helpful information on the Yocto Autobuilder
>> wiki page here:
>> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/The_Yocto_Autobuilder. Some of the
>> information applies to the Yocto Project build cluster, but is still
>> applicable to local autobuilders. I followed the same instructions to
>> setup a local AB. Be sure to use the htpasswd command that's in the
>> autobuilder git tree (in one of the bin directories, as I recall),
>> rather than a native system one. The AB version defaults to the
>> shorter crypto scheme that buildbot requires.
>
> Thank you for your fast responses. Generating the htpasswd file my
> self did the trick. Now I can login. The full command was (as you
> suggested I used the one in autobuilder git repo under ./bin):

> Forced a build of my configuration now and hoping for the best :).

And it was not green all the way.

I get an error that I do not get how to get around. The error message is:

ERROR: Unable to parse
/home/mirzak/project/yocto-autobuilder/yocto-autobuilder-mender-rpi/yocto-worker/nightly-mender-rpi/build/meta-mender/conf/layer.conf:
[Errno 2] file /home/mirzak/project/yocto-autobuilder/yocto-autobuilder-mender-rpi/yocto-worker/nightly-mender-rpi/build/meta-mender/conf/layer.conf
not found

The error message I understand. But I do not understand why it adds
meta-mender to bblayers files. I did not tell it to do that, because
meta-mender contains layers that I want to include. Similar to
meta-openembedded (which is also added to bblayers).

Here is the bblayers.conf also for reference:
mirzak at debian:~/project/yocto-autobuilder/yocto-autobuilder-mender-rpi/yocto-worker/nightly-mender-rpi/build/build/conf$
cat bblayers.conf
POKY_BBLAYERS_CONF_VERSION =  "2"
BBPATH = "${TOPDIR}"
BBFILES ?=""
BBLAYERS += " \
/home/mirzak/project/yocto-autobuilder/yocto-autobuilder-mender-rpi/yocto-worker/nightly-mender-rpi/build/meta
\
/home/mirzak/project/yocto-autobuilder/yocto-autobuilder-mender-rpi/yocto-worker/nightly-mender-rpi/build/meta-poky
\
/home/mirzak/project/yocto-autobuilder/yocto-autobuilder-mender-rpi/yocto-worker/nightly-mender-rpi/build/meta-yocto-bsp
\
/home/mirzak/project/yocto-autobuilder/yocto-autobuilder-mender-rpi/yocto-worker/nightly-mender-rpi/build/meta-mender
\
/home/mirzak/project/yocto-autobuilder/yocto-autobuilder-mender-rpi/yocto-worker/nightly-mender-rpi/build/oe-meta-go
\
/home/mirzak/project/yocto-autobuilder/yocto-autobuilder-mender-rpi/yocto-worker/nightly-mender-rpi/build/meta-raspberrypi
\
/home/mirzak/project/yocto-autobuilder/yocto-autobuilder-mender-rpi/yocto-worker/nightly-mender-rpi/build/meta-openembedded
\
/home/mirzak/project/yocto-autobuilder/yocto-autobuilder-mender-rpi/yocto-worker/nightly-mender-rpi/build/meta-yocto
\
/home/mirzak/project/yocto-autobuilder/yocto-autobuilder-mender-rpi/yocto-worker/nightly-mender-rpi/build/meta-mender/meta-mender-core
\
/home/mirzak/project/yocto-autobuilder/yocto-autobuilder-mender-rpi/yocto-worker/nightly-mender-rpi/build/meta-mender/meta-mender-raspberrypi
\
/home/mirzak/project/yocto-autobuilder/yocto-autobuilder-mender-rpi/yocto-worker/nightly-mender-rpi/build/meta-openembedded/meta-oe
\
"

Can I disable the "magic" that added meta-mender and meta-openembedded?

Best Regards
Mirza