[yocto] setting up autobuilder on local machine

Bill Randle bill.randle at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 19:33:56 PST 2016

On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 8:25 AM, Paul Barker <paul at paulbarker.me.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 15:46:19 +0100
> Mirza Krak <mirza.krak at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I have been looking in to the possibility to utilize yocto autobuilder
>> for one of my own projects.
>>
>> But I am having some problems setting this up and hopefully someone
>> here can provide some pointers.
>>
>> I did the "quickstart part":
>>
>> git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/yocto-autobuilder
>> cd yocto-autobuilder
>> . ./yocto-autobuilder-setup
>> yocto-start-autobuilder both
>>
>> Above succeeds without any issues. But now what? :)
>>
>> I went to https://localhost:8010. I tried to login using the
>> information that is in the .htpasswd file but that did not work. Where
>> are the credentials to login setup?
>
> You'll need to create the .htpasswd file yourself. I think the
> "htpasswd" tool can do this for you, I can't remember the exact
> commands I used to make mine though sorry.
>

>> I also made an attempt to remove all un-wanted buildsets and now
>> buildset-config contains (all other directories are removed)
>>
>> nightly-mender-rpi.conf  yoctoAB.conf
>>
>> Above is parsed correctly on start-up but build is never triggered. I
>> probably removed to much :). Looking in to nigthly.conf it seem that
>> is the one that trigger all other nightly builds?
>>
>> My fork can be found at [1].
>>
>> [1]. https://github.com/mirzak/yocto-autobuilder-mender-rpi
>
> This looks good, you just need to setup the scheduler with something
> like this in nightly-mender-rpi.conf:
>
>     scheduler:
>     [{'nightly-build':{'type':'Nightly','hour':23,'minute':0}}]
>
> You should only need a separate nightly.conf when you want that to
> trigger multiple builds.
>
> I've recently setup an autobuilder for meta-raspberrypi which I'll be
> publishing once I've got the last bits of setup done. If you're still
> struggling to get the nightly triggering working let me know and I'll
> put up the configurations I've used as a git repository.

There is also additional helpful information on the Yocto Autobuilder
wiki page here:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/The_Yocto_Autobuilder. Some of the
information applies to the Yocto Project build cluster, but is still
applicable to local autobuilders. I followed the same instructions to
setup a local AB. Be sure to use the htpasswd command that's in the
autobuilder git tree (in one of the bin directories, as I recall),
rather than a native system one. The AB version defaults to the
shorter crypto scheme that buildbot requires.

    -Bill