[yocto] Multiple Projects from the same build directory

Ronald Oakes ron at ron-oakes.us
Thu Dec 15 12:49:59 PST 2016

I'll admit I'm being a bit lazy. I have two related projects, will call
them A and B. B is dependent on A's layers and adds its own. So far, there
have been no issues with just building them in the same directory since
they have separate image recepies.

However, I'm shortly going to be needing to create different fstab files
for each, as the two will have different disk configurations. But, if I
have two conflicting .bbappend files each specifying a fstab, only one will
get used.

So, is there a way to either specify in the image recepie or elsewhere
which should be used, or do I need to just create a new build direcory with
 the different set of layers for project A.

Ron O