[yocto] live" image: iso and ext4 artifacts

Takashi Matsuzawa tmatsuzawa at uievolution.com
Wed Dec 14 23:30:12 PST 2016

Hello Yocto.

I am trying x86-64 BSP image (based on jethro version).
It has following root filesystem type, and it generats xxxx.hddimg file that I am using.

> IMAGE_FSTYPES = "live"

The issue is that in addition to xxxx.hddimg, it produces following image files and it sometimes cause lack of disk space error on my build PC.

> 2422489088 xxxx-intel-corei7-64-20161215004421.hddimg
> 2402287616 xxxx-intel-corei7-64-20161215004421.iso
> 2368578560 xxxx-intel-corei7-64-20161215004421.rootfs.ext4

I do not need xxx.iso and xxxx.ext4 files as final output, though I understand that xxxx.ext4 file may have been used to produce xxx.hddimg file.

I think "live" image type is special since I do not have xxxx.live file but the live-image class may be generating such extra images files (so I cannot just specify hddimg as IMAGE_FSTYPES).

I have the similar issue with the other types of BSP (e.g. I only need xxxx.sdcard image, but I have other image types), but to begin with, I want to reduce sized files that I do not need in x86-64 builds.

Highly appreciate if you have any advice.
(I can manually remove xxxx.iso and xxxx.ext4 files when the build is completed, but they exists during the build so I also will meed lack of disk space error in such attempt).